McCormick, otherwise known as ‘the flavour experts’, has a rich 120-year-old history in the manufacturing and production of flavourings and spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavouring products; that’s a century of mastery in the sourcing of herbs and spices.
In fact, the company is so prevalent, it is extremely likely you enjoy the taste of McCormick every day. Find a job today!
Working for McCormick
McCormick inculcates a family culture that has now become the global flavour leader, and there is no looking back for the brand. They are always looking for new people who can bring unique flavours to the team. Today, McCormick has a talent pool of around 13,000 employees all around the world, and together they make the company a great place to work.
As a Production Operative, your role will include:
- Making sure that all products that come off the production line are correct, and none is damaged.
- Boxing the products in their own boxes and labelling them correctly
- Packing packets of sauces on a production line and working towards deadlines and targets.
- Ensuring health & safety of yourself and your colleagues and creating a safe working environment
- Operational tasks like packaging goods and quality checks
- Showing flexibility to work operationally to meet business requirements
- Working in a time-constrained manner
As a Packing Operative, your role will include:
- Checking the quality and content that all products that come off the production line are correct
- Boxing up the products into their own boxes and label these correctly
- Packing packets of sauces on a production line
- Working towards deadlines and targets
As a Machine Operator, your role will include:
- Operating the machines to the required standards and specifications that are required for the product.
- Attaining production and quality targets set out for each product
- To report all accidents, near misses and/or dangerous occurrences to a member of the management
- Accurately completing all appropriate documentation
- Undertaking any other duties with the position as designated by the line manager
- Assisting Quality Control with any operational requirements
- Making sure you report any machine breakdowns immediately to reduce inefficiency
- Making sure that reasonable care is taken at all times for the health, safety and welfare of yourself and others
Other duties as a Machine Minder may be required
As a Hygiene Operative, your role will include
- Maintaining a clean working environment through the cleaning, sanitisation and preparation of equipment to allow production staff to maintain exemplary food hygiene standards
- Cleaning machinery and general factory areas in line with the company’s standard operating procedures and conducting weekly and periodic cleaning schedules
- Demonstrating knowledge of all cleaning equipment and materials
- Dealing with any complaints immediately and reporting to the Hygiene manager or Coordinator
- Performing routine deep cleaning tasks
- Restocking cleaning materials
- Cleaning warehouse and other facility areas
McCormick has a magnificent production facility in Haddenham Business Park, HP17 8LB. The site forms the heart of company’s product development division. Last year, the global herb and spice manufacturing company launched its Technical Innovation Centre (TIC) in this region. The site is first of its kind and backs an investment of £ 1.5m, showcasing McCormick’s innovative leadership within the food sector and passion for flavour.
McCormick has a state-of-the-art food production facility in Littleborough, OL15 8BZ. The site is the hub for food production excellence and offers a large range of jobs to local population in the region.
McCormick has one of EMEA’S first manufacturing facility in Peterborough, PE7 3HH that is on track to become a net zero carbon building. It was constructed last year and employs around 300 people in its spices and flavours division. The site is spread across a sprawling expanse of 93,000 metre square.
Available Jobs at McCormick
A variety of shifts are available at McCormick sites. Both day and night shifts are available on a rota basis and 4 on 4 shift pattern.
Typical hours include:
Days: 06:00am until 14:00pm rotating with 14:00pm until 22:00pm
Nights: 21:45pm until 06:00am
You must be able to work rotating shifts, you will be working Monday to Friday with early finishes on Friday!
Some of the benefits of working for McCormick include:
- Long term position
- Modern canteen serving hot food
- Free onsite car parking
- Paid holidays
- Weekly pay – every Friday
- Great public transport