Salary: £12.69 - £19.77 per hour
Start Date: ASAP
Date Added: February 6, 2024
Are you looking for an immediate start with weekly pay while having access to great benefits?
Are you looking to work for a company that puts their people and engagement at the heart of everything they do?
Are you ready for a challenge and want to kickstart that career pathway in logistics?
If so, we have a perfect opportunity for you to join our client’s friendly team as a Warehouse Operative in Warrington, WA1 4RF.
Pay rate as a Warehouse Operative:
- Day shift: £14.19p/h + overtime after 37.5hrs £18.43p/h
- Night shift: £15.52p/h + + overtime after 37.5hrs £19.77p/h
Chill & Ambient (will work in both chambers)
- Day shift: £12.69p/h + overtime after 37.5hrs £17.76p/h
- Night shift: £13.50p/h + + overtime after 37.5hrs £18.57p/h
Shifts available as a Warehouse Operative:
We have a number of shifts available, including 7.5 hour and 9.5 hour shifts. However, current shifts available are:
- 14:00pm – 22:00pm Chill & Freezer
The site open is 7 days a week, so there will be an expectation for weekend working. For the above shift, we have Sunday to Thursday or Monday to Friday available!
Role as a Warehouse Operative:
- As a Warehouse Operative, you will be using a voice system to pick and load goods onto pallets and cages using LLOP’s, onto pallets and cages
- Assisting in the loading and unloading of vehicles while working in any of the three departments (ambient, chilled and frozen)
- Full training and PPE provided!
Other duties as a Warehouse Operative may be required:
- Full training is provided to use our Voice Pick system, to enable you to pick efficiently, effectively and accurately; maintaining good H&S and also hitting pick targets of the business
- If you are working in the freezer environment the temperature will reach -25 C, protective equipment will be provided
- Due to the nature of these roles, heavy lifting will be involved. You will also be picking meat & alcohol products for a well known major supermarket
- Our ideal candidate as a Warehouse Operative will be target driven, flexible to work weekends and bank holidays and looking to gain a full time contract with our client
Benefits of working as a Warehouse Operative:
- Working for an amazing client that offers a true opportunity to succeed and progress
- Temporary to Permanent opportunities after 12 weeks
- A fantastic KPI performance related bonus scheme
Great onsite facilities including;
- Access to a subsidised on-site gym
- Access to a subsidised on-site restaurant facility, serving hot and cold food options
- Secure off-road parking and locked bike shelters
- Warm Protective equipment will be provided (Freezer Chamber)
- Weekly pay – every Friday
- Additional breaks (if working in the Freezer)
You must also be able to pass a drug and alcohol test, in order to apply for this role.
We’re a Flexible Pay Employer that offers Wagestream. The money management app lets you choose when to get paid, put money aside each month, get discounts on your shopping, check your benefits entitlement, and much more.
Challenge-trg Recruitment has also partnered up with the Company Shop, which will enable our staff and colleagues the opportunity to access their membership scheme free of charge. You can gain access to discounted food at up to 70% off the recommended retail price.
Challenge-trg Recruitment (part of the Challenge-trg Group) is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We don’t just embrace change, we welcome it. We celebrate equality and diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) in all our employment practices to all employees, temporary workers, and applicants for employment without regard to age, gender reassignment, married or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity leave, disability, race including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Our EEO practices are upheld in every location that we operate in and in all aspects of the employment relationship, including hiring, recruiting, placement, transfer, promotion, compensation, layoff/redundancy, discipline and grievance, termination, training, and leaves of absence.
Apply now for immediate consideration as a Warehouse Operative!
Challenge-trg Recruitment Ltd is acting as an employment business in relation to this vacancy