Salary: £10.88 - £14.14 per hour
Start Date: ASAP
Date Added: November 13, 2023
We are looking for a full-time Warehouse Operative to join us at our reverse operation in Southampton, SO16 0YS for our client.
This warehouse supports the cardboard and plastic recycling process, as well as tray wash operation, for one of the leading grocery supermarkets. The site is a fast-paced, diverse environment, with plenty of development opportunities available.
Typical working hours as a Warehouse Operative:
Day shift: 6am to 6pm | Night Shift: 6pm to 6am
You will be working full time on the following shift patterns:
- 4 on 4 off rotating – £12.41 per hour, increasing to £12.71 per hour after 12 weeks
- 4 on 4 off days – £10.88 per hour, increasing to £11.18 per hour after 12 weeks
- 4 on 4 off nights – £13.84 per hour, increasing to £14.14 per hour after 12 weeks
Benefits as a Warehouse Operative:
- Holiday pay
- Weekly pay
- Opportunities for a permanent contract for the right candidate
We’re a Flexible Pay Employer that offers Wagestream. The money management app lets you choose when to get paid, put money aside each month, get discounts on your shopping, check your benefits entitlement, and much more.
Challenge-trg Recruitment has partnered up with the Company Shop, which will enable our staff and colleagues the opportunity to access their membership scheme free of charge. You can gain access to discounted food at up to 70% off the recommended retail price.
Sounds interesting? Keep reading to find out what you’ll do day-to-day!
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Load empty trays onto the wash machine ready for cleaning
- Unload clean trays from the wash machine and stack them away ready for collection
- Empty cages of cardboard onto the baling machine ready for condensing
- Ensure a hazard free zone by guaranteeing that all work areas are kept clean and tidy
What you need to succeed:
- No relatable experience required – all training will be provided
- Can-do attitude with a willingness to learn something new
- Willing to work in a fast-paced environment with repetitive work
We are a Disability Confident accredited employer, who recognises the diversity of our workforce is the source of our strength, promoting Equal Opportunities for all.
Apply now for immediate consideration as a Warehouse Operative!
Challenge-trg Recruitment Ltd is acting as an employment business in relation to this vacancy