Salary: £28,000 per annum
Start Date: ASAP
Date Added: February 7, 2024
Immediate start available!
We are recruiting for a Team Leader to work for our Prestigeous client for in Coventry, CV6 4BX.
Pay rate as a Team Leader:
The salary will be £28,000 per annum.
Typical working hours as a Team Leader:
You will be working from 6am until 2pm any 5 from 7 shifts, including weekends.
The role will be fixed term – 6 months – with the possibility for extension
Role as a Team Leader:
The role of a team leader is to support the safe and efficient running of the warehouse shift, focusing on agency colleagues whilst also supporting the Client team where required. You are a key link between the on-site office team and the warehouse operation and highlight any areas of focus required.
- Develop a teamwork ethos within the crew to ensure the team feel safe and enjoy working at Client’s warehouse; focusing and leading the team on safety, performance, and accuracy.
- Leading the team to work productively through coaching, supporting, and sharing best practice so the team meet required targets and the crew remain efficient.
- Supporting new workers within their probation to highlight any additional training requirements Be proactive with problem solving and highlight any areas that could be having a negative impact on the shift
- Shop floor presence for the coaching and monitoring of accuracy, stacking, MHE behaviours and excessive breaks
Task as a Team Leader:
- Complete New Starter ‘One to One’ meetings and ensure a weekly informal check-in with Agency Workers during their learning curve, in line with the schedule contained within the guiding principles, to ensure the individuals performance and development is on track
- Holding meetings with Agency workers (including new starter reviews, informal reviews, disciplinaries and performance reviews) and the filing of associated paperwork.
- Managing performance by reviewing it every 2 hours and complete any required actions.
- Team Leaders will be given reports by the on-site agency contract team, from which they will manage any Still Time / Breaks
Pre shift preparation:
- Check numbers and availability and confirm with the agency on-site team any changes to be made.
- Start of shift: Handover from the previous shift regarding any sickness, lateness, or ongoing issues. This includes assigning LLOPS, AMT issue, etc.
Shop floor standards:
- Ensuring Agency Workers are able to work efficiently and safely. This includes engaging the cleaning team for spillages and participating in Clean as You Go rumbles.
- Actively participating in Health and Safety initiatives on site (including Pristine behavioural checks, MHE Pit stops and Rumbles)
- Accident reporting and supporting the Client with any associated paperwork required for investigations. Outcomes and next steps are completed by the on-site team
- Working with the on-site Agency team
- The on-site agency team will provide reports to enable team leads to manage the performance and accuracy of their crew.
- Site team will provide weekly crew performance reports, highlighting areas of focus and new starter sign offs
- Weekly 1:1 meeting with agency management team to discuss any focus areas and new starter plans
- Daily task sheet will be allocated at the start of shift brief to highlight any reviews or meetings required
Working with the client:
- Work in collaboration with the client warehouse service team and shift managers/duty managers to ensure operating procedures are providing a service the customer requires.
- Attend start of shift and end of shift meetings with the Client site team Supporting the shift manager with any change to hours required on shift.
We’re a Flexible Pay Employer that offers Wagestream. The money management app lets you choose when to get paid, put money aside each month, get discounts on your shopping, check your benefits entitlement, and much more.
Challenge-trg Recruitment has partnered up with the Company Shop, which will enable our staff and colleagues the opportunity to access their membership scheme free of charge. You can gain access to discounted food at up to 70% off the recommended retail price.
Challenge-trg Recruitment (part of the Challenge-trg Group) is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We don’t just embrace change, we welcome it. We celebrate equality and diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) in all our employment practices to all employees, temporary workers, and applicants for employment without regard to age, gender reassignment, married or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity leave, disability, race including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Our EEO practices are upheld in every location that we operate in and in all aspects of the employment relationship, including hiring, recruiting, placement, transfer, promotion, compensation, layoff/redundancy, discipline and grievance, termination, training, and leaves of absence.
Apply now to become a Team Leader!
Challenge-trg Recruitment Ltd is acting as an employment business in relation to this vacancy