Salary: £10.52 per hour
Start Date: ASAP
Industry: Production Operative
Date Added: October 27, 2023
Challenge-trg Recruitment are looking for full-time Production Operatives to join the team at a food manufacturer near Llanishen, Cardiff, CF14 4XR!
Our client is one of the UK’s leading suppliers of pre-packed cakes and responsible for producing items for some of the most well-known brands in the country.
For the right candidate there is also an opportunity to move into a permanent position.
Pay rate as a Production Operative:
Days: £10.52 per hour
Your typical working hours as Production Operative:
- 4 on 4 off (however flexibility is required as you must be committed to working weekends)
- 6am to 6pm
- Part time Weekends available
About the role:
As a production operative you will be working on the lines where you will be making, decorating or packing/picking different types of cakes or desserts. You will clean the lines after products are finished and if needed will be asked to prepare a line for the next product.
Responsibilities as Production Operative:
- Producing a quality product: cakes
- Supporting the shift leaders to achieve targets according to the production plan
- Complying with all company policies and procedures
- Excellent hygiene and housekeeping of the area
- Cross-departmental flexibility
Our ideal candidate:
- Must have basic English Literacy and Basic Numeracy Skills (ESOL Entry Level 2)
- Work well in a team and or own
- Good understanding of health and safety and food hygiene
- Previous factory experience desirable but not essential
- Good communication skills
- Flexibility / adaptability
- Ability to show initiative
Full induction training is provided. We also provide multi-skilled training on department specific equipment such as various production line machinery, processes, and computer systems if therole required.
“Please be aware that you will need to arrange your own transport on Saturday and Sunday at 6am as there is no public transport running. Please consider the option of alternative transport.”
We’re a Flexible Pay Employer that offers Wagestream. The money management app lets you choose when to get paid, put money aside each month, get discounts on your shopping, check your benefits entitlement, and much more.
Challenge-trg Recruitment has partnered up with the Company Shop, which will enable our staff and colleagues the opportunity to access their membership scheme free of charge. You can gain access to discounted food at up to 70% off the recommended retail price.
Apply now for an immediate start as a production operative!
Challenge-trg Recruitment Ltd is acting as an employment business in relation to this vacancy