Salary: £28,000 per annum
Start Date: ASAP
Industry: Production Operative
Date Added: October 6, 2023
We are looking for Production Operatives for our well-known client in Manchester, M23 9NX. If you are interested in working with a great team, then this is the position for you!
As a Production Operative, your approximate salary will be £28,000 per year. The shift pattern is 4 on 4 off, 12 hour days over a 5 day pattern. Monday to Friday – NO WEEKENDS!
As a Production Operative, you will be responsible for the efficient running of the production lines and ensuring that production plans and targets are met. You will display initiative, reliability, commitment and self- motivation whilst working on the lines, taking ownership of our products and delivering the best quality to all our customers, working in accordance with a ‘right first time’ operating system.
- To ensure the correct raw materials and packaging are available at the work site prior to start of production
- To start up, run and shut down designated plant to set procedures
- To follow the daily production plan ensuring due care and attention is made with the identification of variety and product types
- To report errors and or non-conformance to specification of product in an efficient and timely manner
- To be compliant in the use of moving / non-moving mechanical machinery.
- To accurately complete any paperwork necessary
- To ensure the materials and product are handled in a hygienic environment, safely and to specification in compliance with Food Legislation
- Take reasonable care of your own health, safety and welfare and that of other people who may be affected by your actions or omissions
- To ensure that the provided PPE is for the allocated job and, that this is correctly worn, used and maintained
- To follow strict allergen procedures at all times
Skills and Experience Required:
- Excellent communication, organisational and interpersonal skills
- Confidentiality and professionalism in all undertakings
- Approachable, flexible and methodical
- Keen attention to detail, ability to solve issues
- Self-motivated and able to work independently or as part of a team
- Able to ensure good manufacturing, housekeeping, hygiene, and health and safety standards throughout shifts
- Adapts well to a fast paced, high-pressured environment
- Experience of working within FMCG/Food manufacturing
- HACCP knowledge
- Basic Food Hygiene qualification
- Knowledge of computer-based systems
Challenge-trg Recruitment has partnered up with the Company Shop, which will enable our staff and colleagues the opportunity to access their membership scheme free of charge. You can gain access to discounted food at up to 70% off the recommended retail price.
We’re a Flexible Pay Employer that offers Wagestream. The money management app lets you choose when to get paid, put money aside each month, get discounts on your shopping, check your benefits entitlement, and much more.
We are a Disability Confident accredited employer, who recognises the diversity of our workforce is the source of our strength, promoting Equal Opportunities for all.
If you are interested in starting, don’t delay and apply today!